Sunday 14 April 2013

Theory into practice - Design choices

Now I understand what my content is going to be I can start to think about how I will influence the design according to the small house theory.

Some points I think could make relevant starting points for a graphic investigation.

Architecture 
Relevance of Architecture is fairly self explanatory within the topic of small houses. I will look for typefaces and publication styles which would fit under the heading of architecture.

Interior Design
The interior design is key to a successful small house project. I was watching one short video about how glass and use of minimal materials can create the sense of infinity within a space.

Sustainability and the environment
The ideals of this philosophy will effect the final product in terms of questioning the relevance of design choices. For example will it be necessary to full colour print every image in full CMYK or digital print; would it be better to screen print certain parts of the publication?

Social impact
By reducing the size of your house it will inevitably have an effect on you socially. So will consider the social impact and responds to it graphically. An example would be the idea of reusing materials or buying materials to last.

I will need to understand the visual language of these themes with idea of a finish product that creates unity between them. I will dissect each theme to fully understand it.

Finish product

I think the main theme that will be apparent in the design of the publication will be the use of space and resolution. How can I maximise what I have to work with, for example some kind of accordion. below are examples of my design sheets.


No comments:

Post a Comment