Sunday 20 May 2012

COP Publication - Publication Design

First page of my publication. Introduction, Johanne gutenberg and background information.
I am trying to mimic a 42- line Bible style. The two boxes containing my content like this:
I decided to use ManuskriptGotisch a blackletter typeface for the tile. A style of which Gutenberg used. This was the obvious choice as the previous style I was attempting to used just looked too modern. 

I used Chaparral Pro for the rest of the content as the serif typeface looked like a history book style of typeface. Something I wanted to connote to the audience.



I really tried hard to keep the design and layout of the publication simple and almost to me boring. Bit it fits my idea of a history revision book. I still tried to make it a easy read by condensing my content down a lot.


 

The more interesting facts I made larger obviously because they are the most interesting. Hopefully everyone will find the content interesting. I did!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment