Sunday 20 May 2012

COP Publication - Timeline

To be honest this was really the first idea I had which just came to me when I was messing around with the gradient tool in photoshop. I thought this could represent the passing of time and the important print dates I chose for my content. From there I also decided on this slanted stretched rectangle.

Custom Gradients

 


The 'What happened after Gutenberg' was Chaparral Pro. I really like this typeface especially when the tracking high. Tracking = 2120.



 Colour Tests. 
I reduced the opacity and removed the off white from the background as I know ill forget to take it off before printing. I also changed the Gutenberg rectangle to black because it made sense as their wasn't colour printing in 1454.
 I also tried a black and white gradient acting on what I got from some people in the crit but personally I didn't like it and felt with the colour it serves a function of showing the invention of colour print technology. Just thought I am going to add a label to explain this.

No comments:

Post a Comment