Tuesday 22 May 2012

Evaluation

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

 I think my theoretical knowledge has broadened from the lectures and seminars. Also my analytical writing has improved and I feel confident that I can now produce a high quality essay. I think the context of practice publication project was good and I think I my understanding of the brief was good. I have done lots of research and I think I am getting better at finding and understanding information fast and interpreting it graphically.

I now understand the significance graphic design plays within society and also the idea of high culture and low culture. 

 2. What approaches to methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? 

Again I experimented with embossing with my publication which didn't go as well as I wanted to. I applied too much pressure to the press and the laser cut logo I did crushed. I applied so much pressure because I used the manual presses on Blenheim walk. Although the embossing wasn't as crisp as I would of liked it created a kind of effect which some people said they thought looked good.

 3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these? 

I feel that my idea was quite strong. I want to try and continue to produce work which is a lot more conceptual and idea based. With my publication I tried to slip in relevant design where ever I could. I know the bible idea was pretty obvious and maybe the cross logo on the front but its still a step in the right direction.  

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future ?

My time management is still crap. I get dates mixed around my head and my perception of future dates is bad. I find deadlines seem to creep up on me even though they are written in my diary. I will try to make my timetable more visual. I also want to present my work in crits so that it actually shows what I've done off.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 

- More design sheets. A larger variety of ideas. This will give me more room to explore and experiment. Hopefully this will give me a more creative final concept. 

- Presentation of my work. I want to present my work on my blog in a more professional way. I might try some grid systems and different layouts for my images. 

- More self organised crits. I need to evaluate my work on a continuous basis and make sure the progress I am making is sufficient. This will make the quality of my work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment