Sunday 20 May 2012

COP Publication - Destroying a moleskine?


I went down to the wood workshop and asked one of the technicians to cut this Moleskine down to a set of measurement I had marked on which were the dimensions of a standard Bible. The First outcome when he was using a more heavier duty saw were not great. As the teeth were quite big on the saw they seem to chew the paper up too much. After he used a different saw it gave the Bible a cleaner cut. 

I also wasn't to bothered if the Bible wasn't perfectly cut as I was still in too minds whether the final product would look like a traditional used Bible or a new one of the Gutenberg press. 

I thought this was funny. You probably wont find it that funny. 

Here my hollowed out book with the pages stuck together giving my publication a bed to sit in. I just cant wait to get the front embossed now. Touch wood everything goes well.


No comments:

Post a Comment